Global law firm is looking to hire a Client Services Supervisor in its New York office. This is a non-exempt working supervisor position overseeing two client services specialists.
The Client Services Supervisor’s responsibilities will include:
- Creating and implementing an exceptional service standard for the front of house operations in the New York office.
- Supervising New York Client Service team, including hiring, development, coaching and performance evaluations of the Client Services team. Motivate team members and delegate as appropriate. Ensuring the New York staff is properly trained and has the necessary resources to effectively and consistently carry out their respective job functions.
- Monitoring, analyzing processes, performance and service levels in the New York office and implementing changes needed to facilitate the highest level of service. Utilizing process improvement, firm policy and provide leadership to the Client Services team to continuously improve the client services provided firm wide.
- Consulting with lawyers, staff and external clients to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, depositions, closings, training and special events. Communicating capabilities and limitations to manage expectations and achieve quality results.
- Planning, coordinating and assisting the New York meeting and event activities to ensure all elements are fully functional in support of event requirements, including the development and reconciliation of event budgets.
- Planning and developing event agendas, logistical timelines, banquet event orders, and task assignments to ensure timely and accurate execution of services for New York office events (firm wide as needed). This includes but is not limited to audio visual, furniture configuration, catering, signage, décor, supplies, special needs requirements, registration, traffic flow, security access, rentals and storage.
- Overseeing activities and performance of New York food services vendors relating to catering, including service deliveries, menu creation, pricing structure, staffing, efficiency, quality, variety and overall customer satisfaction.
- Researching and resolving customer complaints and conflicts.
- Overseeing the maintenance and conditions of the aesthetic environment including common areas such as reception areas, pantries, storage, meeting rooms and visitor offices.
- Supervising the configuration, administration and maintenance of event scheduling software, corresponding website, and call center software packages.
- Producing financial and statistical Client Services reports relating to Conference Services and the firm’s meeting activity for the Director of Administration.
- Supervising Visitor Office reservation process and ensure inventory is maintained in order to meet firm standards.
- Reviewing vendor bills for accuracy, approving payment and interacting with vendors to negotiate and evaluate cost, services and options.
- Acting as the Client Services liaison with IT/AV, assisting in the resolution of technical issues affecting Client Services.
- Educating and training end users on the Client Services process, procedures and technology.
- Maintaining and reporting administrative records for attendance in accordance with the firm's policy and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- A bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Three plus years of supervisory experience in a law firm or professional services firm working in conference/event planning and special events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), web skills a plus.
- Proficiency with event management software.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience and proficiency in implementation and management of conference room technology and related A/V platforms.
- Experience with conference and event scheduling software (EMS desired) in process and functionality in a global, multi-office organization.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Work schedule: Monday – Friday, 11:30 am – 7:30 pm. Salary commensurate with experience. Fabulous benefits.