National law firm is looking to hire an immigration legal assistant to join its growing New York Immigration Practice Group which specializes in all aspects of United States immigration and nationality law, including employment and family based nonimmigrant and immigrant petitions. The Group provides comprehensive immigration consulting, I-9 compliance and legal services for small startups to large multinational corporations across a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, consulting, food services, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, entertainment and media, logistics and transportation, aerospace and mechatronics, construction, financial services, leisure and lifestyle, energy, retail and e-commerce, medical services, and academic institutions, among many others.
The job duties of the Immigration Legal Assistant include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform case intake, including matter openings, initial fact gathering, and document review.
- Assist immigration attorneys with full case lifecycle, including initial review and analysis of case documents, establishing case strategy, preparation of immigration filings with the appropriate government agency or office, and monitoring case status from initiation to approval.
- Serve as initial client point of contact for assigned case matters by communicating regularly with foreign national and company contacts regarding required documentation, case status and client inquiries.
- Under supervision of partner or attorney, draft government forms and correspondences, including detailed support letters for initial immigrant, nonimmigrant and naturalization filings, Requests for Evidence (RFEs), Audit Responses and other government requests.
- Perform administrative duties, data entry, scanning, receiving calls for the attorneys, coordinating/scheduling meetings and client consultations; managing case files and case management database, etc.
- Conduct research on procedural and legal updates in the immigration field, as needed.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal best practices, including assisting with the training and mentoring of new/junior team members, identifying areas for process improvement, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 to 5 years of experience in U.S. business immigration. In the alternative, the Firm will consider 8 to 10 years of experience.
- Must have experience with: Nonimmigrant visas (B-1/B-2, E-1/E-2, F-1, H-1B, J-1, L-1 and O-1 visas); PERM labor certifications; Immigrant visas (employment-based and family based); consular processing and Adjustment of Status applications; and U.S. citizenship and naturalization.
- Strong knowledge of US immigration procedures and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work within a fast-paced, high-volume practice while meeting deadlines and maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package.