Rapidly growing midtown Manhattan law firm is seeking a bright and experienced paralegal or legal administrative assistant. This is a hybrid role, responsible for both paralegal/administrative work and departmental support. This position is responsible for working closely with attorneys and departments on all administrative, paralegal, and daily operations. The goal is to provide the highest-level work product to partners, associates, and department managers/directors alike. Quality candidates should be team-oriented, highly motivated, and very personable. Must be able to demonstrates great initiative, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills. Position reports directly to the Office Manager.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm or 9:30 am - 5:30 pm OR 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2+ years of experience as a paralegal or administrative assistant
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive materials with discretion
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and anticipate needs
- Ability to display a high-level sense of urgency
- Time management, scheduling and travel logistical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Proficient in Word for litigation, including but not limited to manually building Tables of Authorities, Tables of Contents, applying styles, adding/editing breaks or pagination, inserting footnotes, etc.
- Prior experience with iManage and/or Sharepoint is a plus
- Work collaboratively with teammates to provide full coverage, support, and responses to any and all requests submitted to the Support inbox
- Including: late night/overtime coverage and/or weekend support as needed
- Provide administrative support for partners, associates, and staff attorneys
- Including: Case management/workflow, document processing, conflicts checks, new matter intake forms, engagement letters, timekeeping, travel requests, calendaring, etc.
- Collaborate with the paralegal team and managing clerk on projects
- Including: e-filing, CLE management, court and/or bar registrations, legal research, WestLaw and/or Lexis Nexis searches, document management via iManage and/or Sharepoint, editing briefs, compiling exhibits, compiling binders for attorney review, maintaining in-house and lending library, etc.
- Responsible for Finance department support in preparing, submitting and reconciling expenses, reports, invoices, payments, approvals, etc.
- Execute Human Resources tasks as they relate to on-boarding and orientation for new hires, screening and scheduling interviews for potential staff candidates, maintaining the firm directory, etc., as delegated by the Office Manager
- Provide Marketing and Events support for special ad hoc projects and client-related events as delegated by the Chief Marketing Officer
- Provide Recruitment support and maintain online database with associate applications, schedule associate interviews, and provide administrative and travel assistance with On-Campus Interviews
- Coordinate and oversee facilities, including ordering and maintaining supplies, deliveries, mailings, subscriptions, etc.
- Foster relationships with firm vendors and update/maintain vendor and subscriptions master lists
- Attend any necessary in-office training courses and/or workshops as they relate to administrative and/or paralegal duties
The firm contributes 100% for medical, dental and vision premium costs for its employees. Salary to 75K (commensurate with experience).