Global law firm based in Washington, DC, is seeking a Life Sciences Patent Law Clerk for the Intellectual Property practice group in the Washington DC office. The Patent Law Clerk will be directly supervised by an attorney and get individualized patent law training. Ideal candidates will be organized, detail-oriented and able to follow up on instructions independently.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and filing new patent applications and other patent prosecution documents.
- Conducting client technology and patent portfolio assessments.
- Supporting business development.
- Managing large domestic and foreign dockets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. and significant graduate level experience.
- Broad training in the biological sciences are sought, with expertise in plant biology, biochemistry, genetics, chemistry, microbiology, entomology, immunology or chemical engineering highly preferred.
- Research experience or training in RNA silencing, genome editing, nucleic acids chemistry, microbiomes, quantitative genetics, process and reactor design, separation technologies, thermodynamics and kinetics is desirable.
- Excellent academic credentials and references.
- Law school or prior legal training or enrollment in law school is not required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively working in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional client service both internal and external.
Benefits include a competitive salary and a tuition reimbursement program when applicable.