Global law firm seeks a Research Analyst. The incumbent will be responsible for covering west coast hours (9:00 am. - 6:00 p.m. PT/ 12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. ET Monday-Friday. The Firm's Research Analysts work as part of an energetic, creative and service oriented team, responding to research and reference requests from attorneys, legal assistants and administrative personnel located firm-wide and supporting designated practice and industry groups. Research Analysts also assist with current awareness monitoring, collection development and other department activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with colleagues in the U.S. and abroad to perform legal, business and scientific reference and research using a variety of free and fee-based databases and web sites.
- Working with designated practice and industry groups to promote and raise awareness of research tools and services by offering targeted research and curated reports, orientations and training, and assistance with collection development by evaluating products and recommending changes.
- Assisting with current awareness services by developing requests, monitoring output and summarizing results.
- Contributing to the development of content for the intranet.
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited school.
- Two plus years recent, professional level legal and business research experience, preferably in a law firm or other similar environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make cost-effective use of a wide range of print and online resources, including Westlaw, LexisAdvance, Law 360, Wolters Kluwer and Bloomberg BNA.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, prioritizing multiple projects and assignments.
- Able to analyze, cull and summarize search results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Fabulous benefits!