Senior Litigation Paralegal needed for growing midtown Manhattan law firm. A minimum of 10 years as a paralegal with significant high-level experience......
- Takes responsibility for the most complex and demanding matters in the practice area, at any point, and manages them to conclusion.
- Assists in management of the Paralegal Program by training, working on technology issues, assisting less experienced paralegals.
- When necessary, manages staff of paralegals.
- Needs minimal direction or guidance from a supervisor, except on extremely large or complex matters.
- Works directly with partners, associates, and clients.
- Work directly with paralegals and attorneys in coordinating and executing requests.
- Capable of managing all matters in the assigned practice area.
Excellent communication skills a must:
- Facilitate communication between paralegals and attorneys.
- Ability to communicate with and use third party vendors for work that cannot be completed in house due to size or time constraints.
- Assist other paralegals and attorneys with deposition witness files, document productions, briefs and other various tasks as they are assigned in preparation for depositions and arbitrations.
- Understands the nature of the documents and their relationship to the case in order to be responsive to document requests.
- Understands the litigation process in order to anticipate what types of document attorneys will need so that the documents are prepared ahead of time and requests are filled promptly.
Handles larger and more complex matters:
- Acts as a custodian of any and all documents, media and databases relevant to the active cases.
- Create many of the witness preparation materials such as deposition preparation binders, direct testimony materials and cross examination materials.
- Adequately compile and organize case materials and compile relevant documents in databases and network drives to maintain an accessible case file.
- Organize, update case files, pleadings and correspondence files.
- Compile, organize and collate appendices and exhibits.
- Check legal cites for proper format, content and standing.
- Ability to e-file in various courts.
- Order/Chronologize documents.
- Gather, copy and organize, and index documents.
Expectation of overtime hours:
- Commitment to work overtime as needed, which include nights, weekends, holidays, and out of town trials.
- Available to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time.
- Understands E-discovery.
- Tech savvy.
- Review documents for content, retrieve documents in response to attorney requests, edit databases.
- Inputs information into databases.
- Develop necessary skills with firm resources, e.g. TextMap, CaseMap, DeskSite, FileSite, SharePoint, FileTrail, iManage, etc.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Westlaw/Lexis Research skills a must.
Fantastic compensation and comprehensive benefits package!